Building the Program
The Build Dakota Scholarship Fund was set up to help overcome the workforce shortage South Dakota faces. While the generous donations we’ve received have made—and will continue to make—a significant impact, industry partners help extend the benefit even further. Here’s how.
- Businesses sponsor students and commit to paying a portion of their program expenses. Build Dakota picks up the other portion. The student gets a free degree, and the employer gains a skilled scholar.
- Secure employment prior to graduation.
- Potential on-the-job training and part-time employment while in school.
- Cost-effective method to give current employees advanced training.
- Pipeline of new talent from South Dakota tech schools.
- Guaranteed work from qualified, highly-skilled graduates.
- Free advertising on the Build Dakota website.
For South Dakota
- Surge in skilled workers who help fill the state’s workforce shortage.
- Highly-trained scholars committed to staying in South Dakota.
- Thriving local businesses that have committed, quality workers.
Become an Industry Partner
Want to learn more about how you can sponsor a scholar and build your workforce? Each technical school has their own Build Dakota Industry Partner Program. To learn more or to inquire about becoming a partner, please contact the schools directly.
Each school has their own Build Dakota Industry Partner Program. Depending on the program, some students will be required to have an industry partner to receive the Build Dakota Scholarship. To learn more or to inquire about becoming a partner, please contact the technical colleges directly with the information below.
Find an Industry Partner
The Build Dakota Scholarship Program is fortunate to have support from businesses in varying fields. We’d like to thank the following industry partners for helping make this program flourish!
Our partnerships are always growing. Just because a business isn’t on this list yet, doesn’t mean a partnership can’t exist. Please reach out to your technical college to inquire about local businesses in your area!
If you want to learn more about partnering businesses and potential employment opportunities, click any of the links below.