- Please join us to learn about strategies to learn more about Build Dakota and our industry partner programs!
SPEAKERS: (SPEAKERS AT LOCATIONS BASED ON AVAILABILITY)
- Deni Amundson, Program Manager, Build Dakota Scholarship
- Technical College Representatives
- Business/Industry CEO and Human Resource Professionals
- Economic Development Professionals
- High School Counselors, Teachers, and Administrators
- Parents and Students
- Community Resource Individuals Offering Career Guidance
TOPICS WE COVER
- What is Build Dakota Scholarship?
- Scholarship application tips.
- What is a “workforce shortage” and what does this mean for you?
- The importance of “test-driving” careers in high school and the different ways to do that.
- How to bring together industry with education to create strong communities through job shadowing, internships and industry partnerships.
- The importance of technical education in addressing the workforce shortage in South Dakota.
- Other state resources to assist in paying for your education.
- Fun prizes!
For questions regarding the Build Dakota Scholarship, or to schedule an event in your community, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (605)347-1804.